PARENTCHILD+ CORE MODEL OVERVIEW
ParentChild+ is an evidence-based school readiness model that preempts the achievement gap by providing young children and their parents with learning tools and skills. The program is based on these four pillars:
Reaching families where they are:
Families with young children receive 92 twice-weekly 30-minute visits to support healthy development and educational success.
Our nationwide network of program sites hires community-based Early Learning Specialists who share a linguistic and cultural background with the families with whom they work.
Promoting parent-child interaction:
Early Learning Specialists provide families with high quality learning tools and guidance to stimulate parent-child interaction, develop language, early literacy, social-emotional skills, and build school readiness.
Facilitating strong community connections:
Early Learning Specialists become trusted advisors, connecting families and home-based providers to other community resources including food, housing, medical, and educational services.
The Self Help Inc Parent Child Plus programs serves families from: Randolph, Holbrook and Rockland (please note: we are sometimes able to serve other families within the CFCE catchment area, is the need has been met in our target communities)
What is ParentChild+?
- It provides your child with a free high- quality book or educational toy each week -at least 46 new books and toys!
- A trained community-based Early Learning Specialist will visit your home twice a week for 30 minutes to help you get your child ready for school.
- You will learn creative ways to read and play with your child.
- It helps you prepare your child to be successful in school.
- This program is for families with a child ages 16 months-3 years’ old
If you are interested in participating in this AWESOME new program and you reside in either Holbrook, Rockland or Randolph please contact: Gina McGarrigle at 508-559-1666 ext 1814 or email her at email@example.com