Childcare Assistance

How do I get help paying for childcare?

The MA Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)9122008_14513_0 helps eligible families find and pay for early education and care and out-of-school time programs. Due to limited funding, eligible 17567-banner-fingerpaintfamilies may be placed on the EEC waiting list for financial assistance until funding is available.

In order to be eligible for EEC Financial Assistance, all parents/guardians in your household must meet both an income and an activity requirement.

1. Income Requirement: You may be eligible for EEC financial assistance if your family’s gross (before taxes) annual income is at or below the amounts listed in the chart.

To see if you may be eligible:  Find the column at the top with your family size.  Read the next row (50% SMI) to find the income eligibility amount for your family.You may be eligible at a slightly higher income level if certain circumstances are present in your family such as:  child or parent with a documented disability or special need.  If your family’s gross annual income is at or below the income amount listed for your family size and type, you may be eligible for assistance.

2. Activity Requirement: If you meet the income requirement above, all parents/guardians in the household must also be participating in one of the following activities: Working, seeking employment, or enrolled in an education or training program (not including graduate, law, or medical school) for at least 20 hours per week for part-time care, and at least 30 hours per week for full-time care; Retired (if older than 65 years only); or You or your child has a diagnosed and documented disability or special need.

How can I get on the EEC Wait List?

To be placed on the State’s Centralized Waitlist, please contact Mass211 by calling 211 or toll free at 877-211-6277.  You can also contact your local Child Care Resource & Referral Agency to get on the list.  If you are already on the EEC Wait list and registered you can update your information through EEC’s Self Service Household Access Program.

Comments are closed.